Wedding gifts for each other – what will you choose?
With Christmas getting closer and closer, talking about gifts and presents seems to be totally acceptable right now! However, instead of thinking about what might be under your tree in a few weeks time, let’s turn our attention to the gifts that you can give to your partner on your wedding day.
Well these are the gifts that always mean the most. Let’s be honest, anyone can go online and order something with a few clicks but taking the time to create something a little more heartfelt really does mean the world. So, if you like the thought of giving something really personal to your partner, here are a few ideas:
- Create a photo book full of your favourite images from your time together.
- Have one of your engagement shoot images framed (we can help you with this!).
- Pen a handwritten love letter to your partner on beautiful paper.
- Create a scrapbook or frame full of things that you’ve saved from your time together.
- Find a vintage copy of their favourite book from childhood.
- Put together a video for them to watch on the morning of the wedding – it could be funny or serious – and then send them the secret YouTube link on the day.
- Personalised artwork is a great gift. How about something including snippets of maps from where you met, where you got engaged and where you’re getting married?
- ‘Open when…’ letters work brilliantly too. Write your partner lots of letters to be opened at various points. When you’re apart, when you’ve been married six months, when it’s your first married Christmas… you get the idea!
Experience and ‘traditional’ gifts
Making memories together is a BIG part of your relationship so gifts that give you experiences to share always work really well. It’s also great to have things to look forward to after your honeymoon. You could book a weekend escape for the two of you (we love Canopy & Stars for super cute romantic getaways) or a fabulous dinner for two at a restaurant your partner’s always wanted to try. You could bag tickets for a concert or sporting event, book dancing or cooking lessons or indulge your inner adrenaline junkie with something a little more hair-raising! Whatever you choose, you’ll be doing it together and that will make it even more special.
When it comes to more traditional and tangible wedding day gifts, the choice is absolutely huge. Giving jewellery to women and cufflinks or a great watch to men are always popular choices that you know will be very warmly received. Some couples exchange designer indulgences so shoes, handbags or handmade shirts are all great options here. If you know there’s something your partner’s always wanted, this will certainly make a fabulous gift but don’t be afraid to think outside the box too and choose a gift that you know they’ll love.
And when should your gifts be given? Well, lots of couples arrange for their gift to be delivered on the morning of the wedding or you can, of course, wait until you’re together later in the day. There really aren’t any hard and fast rules so do whatever works for you – this is your wedding day after all!
If you’re giving a gift that might be a little bit emotional, do let us know so that we can capture the moment. Exchanging letters for example makes a great focus for a First Look and if we’re there, you’ll be able to see your partner’s reactions to your wedding day gift.
Until next time,